Classroom Technical Support Assistants Needed
Pacifica Graduate Institute is seeking qualified individuals to fill several Classroom Technical Support Assistant (CTA) positions for the winter 2022 quarter—application Deadline is Nov 24.
CTAs will work closely with IT/AV professionals and Pacifica faculty to coordinate the delivery of concurrent classes (delivered live to both students in class and virtually). Prior to starting, CTAs will receive an orientation to the equipment and software they will be supporting in classes.
These are temporary positions for the winter quarter (January to early April 2022). Those hired in this position can expect to work 10-30 hours per week (or based on scheduling availability), including weekends and evenings, at Pacifica’s campuses and must adhere to the school’s vaccination and face covering policies.
Further details, including an application form link, are listed below. Application materials are due no later than November 24; however, to best assist planning and scheduling, we ask that any interested candidates submit their applications as soon as possible.
- Attend in-person class sessions
- Assist instructors with connecting their computers/presentation material to classroom AV technology
- Start Zoom and manage the Zoom application so that remote students can participate in the class being taught
- Moderate chat tools and help remote students present their questions to the class instructor
- Help identify technical problems with audio, video, and networking. Provide solutions or options so that the class can continue
- Be familiar with the various ways that the classroom AV technology can be used for teaching, and offer assistance with the technology to the instructor as needed
- Liaise with Pacifica IT/AV Support as necessary with any escalating technical problems
- Understanding of fundamental Zoom functions and host management
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint) and how to play various in-class multimedia
- Changing display and audio settings on Windows or Mac computers
- Able to operate basic webcam and microphone equipment
- Reliable to showing up on time when scheduled
- Professional demeanor when communicating with faculty, students, and staff, and respectful to classroom dynamics/confidentiality
Hours are primarily on weekends (Fri-Sun) with some weekdays (Mon-Thur) per month. CTA’s can expect to work 8-12 hour days. Applicants should include their days and hours of availability in their application.
To review list of program on-campus session dates, refer to the 2021-2022 Academic Calendars.
Range equivalent to $18-25 per classroom hour. Specific compensation and contract details shall be provided further in the application process and is based on scheduling/course assignments.
Interested applicants should submit a copy of their resume/CV to HR@pacifica.edu, as well as answer the application questions found on the following form:
The deadline to apply is November 24, 2021. Inquiries about the position can be sent to HR@pacifica.edu.