Staying Strong Against Covid-19:
Support Line for Workers in Health Care Settings
ALAMEDA COUNTY PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (ACPA) AND CRISIS SUPPORT SERVICES OF ALAMEDA COUNTY (CSS)
SEEK VOLUNTEER MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS TO PROVIDE BRIEF SUPPORT FOR WORKERS IN HEALTH CARE SETTINGS
ACPA and CSS are organizing volunteer licensed mental health professionals to provide active listening, empathy, support, and resources to all who work in health care settings in the Bay Area.
Wherever the Covid-19 pandemic has caused illness, workers in health care settings are providing patient care and other services in circumstances of risk to their physical and mental health and well-being. On this support line, mental health professionals will provide brief supportive services for workers in health care settings, with the goals of reducing workers’ burden and increasing workers’ resiliency.
Here’s what’s expected of volunteers:
- Desire to assist those who are on the front line of the fight against the Covid-19 virus.
- Ninety minutes of initial training about the virus, usual concerns of workers in health care settings, recommendations from experienced support line staff, documentation procedures, and technical aspects of answering calls from home.
- Four hours per week of service (from any private setting) answering calls.
- One hour per week of shared discussion/peer consultation groups (optional for licensed professionals.)
- To volunteer please fill out the volunteer application at
For questions, please write to me offlist at email@example.com. Please put the word “Volunteer” in the subject line.
Thank you very much!