Pacifica Graduate Institute: Core Faculty in the Community, Liberation, Indigenous, and Eco-psychologies specialization of the Depth Psychology M.A./Ph.D. Program
Anticipated but flexible start date is August, 2022.
Pacifica Graduate Institute is an accredited graduate school in Santa Barbara California offering masters and doctoral degrees in the tradition of depth psychology. We currently seek a full-time Core Faculty member in the Community, Liberation, Indigenous, and Eco-psychologies (CLIE) specialization of the Depth Psychology M.A./Ph.D. program. For more information about this unique graduate program, visit Pacifica’s website. https://www.pacifica.edu/degree-program/community-liberation-ecopsychology.
Core Faculty Responsibilities:
- Candidate chosen will teach, serve on dissertation committees, and advise students.
- Perform administrative functions in the CLIE specialization.
- D. in community psychology, environmental studies, ethnic studies, gender studies, Indigenous studies, religious studies, or a social sciences related field.
- Scholarship with a focus in one or more of the following areas is preferred: transdisciplinary decolonial theory and praxis, traditional environmental knowledge (TEK), decolonial feminisms and LGBTQ studies, critical community psychology theory and action, participatory action research, post-qualitative, arts-based, and Indigenous research methodologies.
- Preference will be given to applicants with at least three years of academic teaching experience and a strong record of publication, qualitative research, and demonstrated commitment to anti-racism and decolonial approaches to scholarly engagement.
- Applicants should display strong support for transdisciplinary graduate education.We encourage candidates from communities underrepresented in US higher education to apply.
a letter of application; curriculum vitae; recently published papers; and statement of teaching philosophy, research interests, background in advising dissertation students, courses from the CLIE specialization curriculum you feel qualified to teach, your commitment to building a specialization that emphasizes decoloniality, and three references to:
Applications accepted via electronic submission only to:
Please indicate in subject line
Applications received by April 1st, 2021 will receive priority consideration.
Salary commensurate with experience.