How to use the teen brain to do great things
Dr. Jennifer Freed will be discussing how to maximize the neurological changes in the teen brain to facilitate personal and social change. This presentation will focus on how to engage youth in transforming their own cultures and at the same time mastering the six essential skills of social and emotional learning. Jennifer will also be presenting her new book,PEACEQ, which is a practical guide to peace within, and peace with others. This important publication will be available to purchase at the event, and is highly recommended for anyone who works with teens, as well as those who love, are or have been a teenager!
- Understanding the challenges of reaching teens
- Knowing the neurological changes of adolescence
- Learning about PeaceQ
- Attendees will earn 1.5 CEUs
- Attendees must register in advance in order to attend.
- Your registration includes a delicious lunch buffet. Please contact the Events Director if you have special dietary needs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refunds can only be made if you cancel within one week of the event.
- You are welcome to park in the University Club parking lot in unreserved spaces.
This program is brought to you in collaboration with Antioch University Santa Barbara & Santa Barbara CAMFT